Monday, December 13, 2010

land's bone structure


I prefer winter and fall, when you feel the bone structure of the landscape, the loneliness of it, the dead feeling of winter. Something waits beneath it, the whole story doesn't show. -Andrew Wyeth (1917-) American Painter

Even though the wind gusts were 50 mph it seemed like and the temperature out was in the 20's I was still able to get out today and venture to the top of Pilot Mountain. I tried to earlier this week but the road was closed due to ice and snow. Luckily, most of it has melted and I was able to get up there. This photo really doesn't give this beautiful countryside justice but it's one of the best photos I could capture before my camera battery decided to die on me. Looks like I'll have to wonder up there again soon...darn! 

No comments:

Post a Comment