Friday, August 2, 2013

the mountains have called


The mountains are calling and I must go. 
-- John Muir (1838-1914) Advocate of preservation of wilderness in the United States

The mountains have been calling me and finally, 3 years after I moved away, I'm back in the hills of Tennessee. I had almost forgotten how beautiful this place was. Needless to say, it's good to be back. Hopefully now, I can keep my blog up like I want to. This is a photo of Red Fork Falls towards the base of Unaka Mountain in beautiful Unicoi County, Tennessee near Johnson City. Y'all should have seen me and my girls. Emilia was wearing flip flops, Brittani was carrying my camera and as always the "snack pack", and I had Madelyn in the Hip Hammock on my back. Key word there is "hip." Needless to say it was quite a struggle, climbing up and down rock after rock with a 30 lb child hanging on for dear life and loving every minute of it. Oh yeah, forgot to mention it was RAINING!! Luckily the rain quit for a few minutes so I could take a quick pic. Haha, check out Madelyn on my back!! So much fun! Can't wait to go back! 

No comments:

Post a Comment