Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Judge Not

"Judge not unless you judge yourself"  - Bob Marley


I think this quote fits the photo perfectly and to be honest, after thinking about it, at first glance, I definitely judged this place. Matthew chapter 7, verses 1 and 2 in the Bible are very similar to this quote as well. Matthew 7:1-2 says "Judge not, that you be not judged. 2 For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you." If you could make a guess, what do you think this building use to be? It shocked me as well. At first I thought this was just an old abandoned shack in the outskirts of Pilot Mountain close to where I live, but as I moved closer it was something totally different. This is actually an old abandoned church and everything is still in there, except maybe the piano. If I could guess, based on my religious studies and by the looks of the alter and pulpit, this used to be a Lutheran type gathering place. I could be wrong so don't hold me to that but I'm pretty confident. Nevertheless this place is cool!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment